One of the highlights of our trip to Tampa was The Big Red Balloon. E and I were looking for things to do in Tampa, and I happened upon the website doing a search. Bingo! This was something adventurous and different, and it involved my husband's favorite hobby: flight.
The envelope= the balloon. Stretched across the lawn it resembles a very long flat sleeping bag. In this case, red. The initial filling of the envelope is done with an industrial fan.
Okay! So once the envelope had mostly inflated, it was time for some heat. In the form of propane. Blasting. Like flame throwers. Yeah. This part I was a little nervous about. Those double propane burners were going to be right above our heads during flight, not to mention the THREE gas tanks we were snuggling up with in the basket. Mmm hmm.
Before I could think for too long about this, it was time to get in. Ladies first!
And we took off!
Once we were aloft, all was peace. That's the highway below us:
And the horizon:
Looks like fun. I love the picture of you two in the balloon!
ReplyDelete