It started sometime in January, when our pastor at Christ Community Church, announced two summer mission trips for this year: Bogota, Columbia and Hyderabad, India. My eyes widened and I turned to Eric. "They're going to Hyderabad?
Some of you may know, I visited Hyderabad, India in 1996, when I was nineteen. (Really, it doesn't seem like that long ago to me. But after doing the math, I realized that was fourteen whole years ago. Geez.) I was there for two and a half months and loved every minute I experienced there. God did some amazing things, especially in me, during that trip. I would jump at the chance to have a fraction of that experience again.
Eric could tell I was pretty antsy to go. To my delight, he didn't really let me consider not going. For years now, as he's visited some exciting destinations like Iceland, Turkey, Greece and Hawaii, while I've held down that ever expanding home-front.
As I found out later from Pastor Keith, the very small group will be supporting and building relationships with Bishop Gallopalli John, his wife and family. Many years ago, the Lord brought one orphan to their family. With very little to share, they sought the Lord about it. Their ministry to orphaned children began with this scripture from Exodus: "Take this child and nurse him for me, and I will pay your wages."
No comments:
Post a Comment